I use words to inspire a new generation to harness the power of its own voice. A video of 12-year-old me braiding her hair has 3.2M views on YouTube, so I’ve got a decent track record of influencing. In addition to a washed-up beauty guru, I’ve touted hot dogs and adtech on two district-placing National Student Advertising Competition teams, studied forklift safety at an agency copywriting internship, and in-house advertised a donation of seven Rembrandts to an art museum. These experiences instilled in me the value of self-motivation, quick-wittedness, and properly hyphenated compound nouns that I will carry with me on the next phase of my writing journey.
B.A. ADVERTISING WITH HONORS IN CREATIVE WRITING
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
+3.5 semester GPA
National Student Advertising Competition / Chapel Hill, N.C. / 2019–2020
- Pitched and won third place against six other university teams at virtual, district-level competition.
- Created a six-month long B2B campaign for Adobe to generate 4.5M impressions and raise unaided awareness by two percentage points.
- Led team of three copywriters in concepting creative ideas, generating headlines, and writing body copy for social media, digital, and print.
Clean / Raleigh, N.C. / 2019
- Assisted copywriters with content for digital display and social media advertising for Hyster, N.C. Beaches, and New Business accounts.
- Authored company’s quarterly email newsletter for subscribers, partners, and clients and increased click-through rate by 50%.
- Collaborated with Art Directors to formulate and present ideas to the Creative Director.
MEDIA AND MARKETING ASSISTANT
Kidzu Children’s Museum / Chapel Hill, N.C. / 2017–2018
- Produced copy for print, out-of-home (OOH), and paid social media advertisements for 18 company events.
- Oversaw content for the company’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts and increased number of followers by 15% to +16,000.
- Handled internal and external marketing communications with 50 employees and 90,000 annual visitors.
Ackland Art Museum / Chapel Hill, N.C. / 2016–2017
- Wrote content daily for the museum’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts and increased number of followers by 20% to +11,000.
- Produced copy weekly for print and OOH advertisements placed around a town of +60,000 residents.
- Designed monthly exhibit event advertisements for display at the museum’s entrance to 40,000 annual visitors.
Writing and editing, creativity, storytelling, copy editing, proofreading, social media, communication, public speaking, Adobe Creative Cloud, and research.
2019 VANCE AND BETTY LEE STICKELL AWARD
Selected as an outstanding member, UNC–Chapel Hill’s student chapter of the American Advertising Federation.